Terms & Conditions
Milton Maize Maze Conditions
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times whilst on the site. An Adult to Child ratio of 1:4 is required regardless of the age of the children.
- All visitors are required to wear their wristbands (issued on arrival) for their entire visit.
- We will endeavour to keep all attractions open during opening hours. Occasionally, some activities may be unavailable due to safety, weather or technical reasons.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or remove from the site any person who acts in a manner that the management of Rectory Farm feel to be inappropriate and/or undesirable for a family venue.
- For safety reasons, there is a strict no smoking policy in the maze and throughout the premises.
- Everyone must stay on the designated pathways. Anyone caught walking through the Maize crop away from the paths will be asked to leave immediately.
- An adult must accompany children on the bridges and at all times in the maze.
- There is a First Aid Kiosk on The Field of Fun – alert a member of staff who will assist you and contact a first aider.
- Remember this is an agricultural field and the ground may be uneven in places.
- Sorry no dogs.
- Please remember that this is a working farm. Please keep to the designated areas.
- The last entry to The Milton Maize Maze and the Field of Fun is 4:15pm.
- Hands must be washed after visiting the animals, before eating and when leaving the site.
- We may restrict access to the site for safety purposes should we exceed our capacity.
You enter this maze entirely at your own risk
IN CASE OF FIRE OR EMERGENCY A HORN WILL SOUND. THE MAZE. STAFF WILL ASSIST YOU IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS.
ONLINE ORDER OF FOOD FROM THE BBQ OR OLD DAIRY CAFE
- Take your online ticket to the Entrance Counter for the Maze when you arrive not to the BBQ or Old Dairy Cafe the Maze Counter staff will redeem your online ticket and issue you with a voucher for your food.
- The Milton Maize Maze & the Old Dairy Cafe will always endeavour to fulfil your order but reserve the right to alter the daily menu.
- Your online booking for our Meal Deals at the BBQ on the Field of Fun or The Old Dairy Cafe are not dated and you may exchange them on any day the Milton Maize Maze is open between Friday 15th July and Sunday 4th. Please check the website in case we are closed due to extreme weather conditions.
- Our Meal Deals are not Gluten Free - if you have special dietary requirements please purchase your food at the Old Dairy Cafe they will advise you of the allergens in any particular meal and other food options; vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free etc.
- Your online ticket has no monetary value and may only be exchanged for the food described between the dates of the summer maze mentioned above.
- Your hands must be washed when visiting the animals and before eating and drinking.
- The tickets are non refundable and non transferable.
- The BBQ normal opening hours for hot food are 12 noon to 2.30 p.m. In the event of the BBQ having to be closed before 2.30 p.m. but after you have exchanged your ticket for a voucher (this would normally only ocur because of extreme weather or power problems which are beyond our control) take you voucher and speak to one of the Staff at the Entrance desk or Farm Shop and they will assist you.
- Vouchers for the Old Dairy Cafe are only valid to be exchanged for food between 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Season Ticket Conditions of Entry
Due to the abuse of season tickets over previous years our terms and conditions have changed and are now as follows:
- There has to be one main holder of each season ticket whose picture will be stored in our Season Ticket System and will not be used at any other time.
- For every 3, 4 and 5 person season ticket a second adult’s details may also be taken if they are likely to visit without the named main ticket holder (with the exception of a two person ticket which is for one named adult and one child). The second adult has to live at the same address given by the main season ticket holder. Proof of this must be shown when the non-pictured adult presents the season ticket for entry, if you are unable to provide identification then the season ticket will not be valid and payment must be made to gain entry.
- There is only one named adult allowed on a 2 person season ticket.
- NO season ticket NO entry
- If the season ticket is forgotten then the customer will have to pay for admission on that day, a receipt will be issued and the total amount paid will be refunded on the next visit.
- Each season ticket is only allowed to be used once a day for the issue of wristbands.
- Season Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- An admin fee of £5 will be issued for the reprint of lost or damaged cards.
- Anyone found to be misusing their season ticket to gain entry will have it withdrawn with immediate effect.
- I agree to abide by the General Conditions of entry.
Maze Party Booking Terms & Conditions
1. Please note that Party Bookings are non refundable and non transferable.
2. A Birthday Party deposit amount is £70.00 or £7.00 per child whichever greater this is to secure your party booking. By paying this you are accepting all Party Booking Terms and Conditions.
3. All cancellations must be notified within 10 days prior to your party after which time you will incur a 50% cancellation fee of the total party cost. Should you need to cancel the Birthday Party booking before the final 10 days you will lose your deposit which is non refundable. We must be notified by a phone call to the Milton Maize Maze. We do NOT accept emails as a form of cancellation.
4. Should you need to move your Birthday Party booking then a £20.00 administration fee will be applicable. In the event that this is not possible then you will have deemed to have cancelled the booking and will lose your deposit.
5. If extreme weather is forecast the Milton Maize Maze will contact you on the day before to discuss your planned party. Very occasionally the whole site has to close due to extreme weather, in this situation if we have taken the decision not to open the Maze site on your party date you will have the right to cancel your party and have your deposit returned. Alternatively after discussion with you the host, we may be able to rearrange an alternative date. If the site is open but you decide to cancel the above cancellation charge will be incurred.
6. In extreme circumstances the management reserve the right to refund your deposit.
7. The balance of your party must be paid 5 day prior to the party
8. If you wish to transfer your Party Booking to a different date and/or time, you will be required to pay a £20.00 transfer charge at the time of doing so. There will not be a charge if this change is caused by extreme weather closing the site on your original date.
9. By booking a party you are agreeing to all the terms as listed in Milton Maize Maze General Terms and Conditions, as well as those listed here.
10. Your booking is for the start of the party to be either 10 a.m. or 2 p.m., we recommend that you arrive 10 minutes earlier and we will show you where the party marquee and explain the site and issue your wristbands, it is your responsibility to make sure that you welcome your guests they will not be able to enter the Maze field if they turn up late and you have not given them their wristband.
11. The Milton Maize Maze reserves the right to change the content of any Party Booking.
12. The Party Organiser should inform The Milton Maize Maze of any food allergies on the booking form provided, so that we can discuss various options if applicable. We are not able to change the original food order on the day of your party.
13. The Milton Maize Maze does not provide a Birthday Cake or candles.
14. Please note that the staff of the Milton Maize Maze are NOT party supervisors and all children remain the responsibility of the adults in the party. We require a minimum ratio of 1 adult for every 4 children with 1 adult to 1 child if three years and under; additional adults are charged at concession entrance prices. The tractor rides will take place soon after the start of your party, we will not be able to hold up the tractor and trailer ride for latecomers. Care must be taken on the trampolines on hot days and socks must be worn. Children must be supervised at all times and children must not be left unattended at any time. It is the responsibility of the supervising adults to make sure that the contents of the Party Bag provided are suitable for their child. Babies under one year old will not be included in party numbers and will not be provided with party bags or food
15. All additional adults and children must pay or be paid for by the person booking the party and have an entry wristband prior to the start of the party, unless paid for in advance.
16. Contact The Milton Maize Maze at Rectory Farm, A10 Milton Bypass, Milton, Cambridge. CB24 6AE. 01223 8602374
Christmas Meat & Poultry
All our Christmas Meat and Poultry is fresh and is prepared for you to consume either on Christmas or Boxing Day.
Changes to your order are made at our discretion and no changes may be made after 6th December.
Collection day is Fridayday 23rd December 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. We close at 5 p.m. on that day for Christmas. Any uncollected Meat or Poultry will be frozen down for collection in the New Year. If you need to collect earlier than 23rd December please phone and we will see if we can organise your collection any earlier.
We will always strive to pick the weight that you have ordered - please remember that these are not mass produced birds and you have ordered an approximate weight.
Our whole Turkeys and Christmas Chickens do come with packaged giblets.
Our Turkey Crowns are not boneless. They are the white breast meat still on the ribcage along with the wings.
Our Free Range Bronze Birds receive extraordinary amounts of care and attention from the day they arrive as chicks, they are fed a simple diet of wheat and vegetable proteins - free of additives, drugs or growth promoters. After roaming the grassy paddocks each day they bed down each night in barns on beds of straw safe from predators. Our Barn Reared White Feathered Birds are reared with just as much care and attention with a similar diet, although they do not go out onto the grassy paddocks they live in very large airy barns, bedded on straw with plenty of room to run about!